SleepPro – Will It End Your Snoring?
After months of my husband moaning about my snoring, I finally bought a SleepPro Standard is the cornerstone product for the company of the same name. There are now Custom and SFA versions, however this review will be focused solely on the original mouthpiece for snoring.
Classified as a Mandibular Advancement Device this device functions by holding your jaw in the forward position. Opening your airways and keeping them free from obstructions that would be created if your jaw relaxed towards your throat.
Let’s Take A Closer Look
The SleepPro Standard is fairly similar to many other MADs on the market today, however it does have some distinct features that allows it to stick out among the crowd.
Coming with two large air ports this device makes it much easier for you the breath through your mouth. Anyone who has ever used an MAD before realizes how incredibly crucial this feature is to a device.
With other MADs you don’t get any air ports to breath through, and it require you to breath through your nose. Some of them do come with air ports but they are very small, and are difficult to breath through.
If you have sinus issues, a deviated septum, nasal polups, or any other nasal problems then using a device that restricts airflow from your mouth could be very dangerous. SleepPro Standard gives you large breathing holes allowing you to breath easy for some quality sleep.
Priced less expensive than many other options you can get this MAD for $49.99 each. You can add a second one for $20. Making it one of the most highly valued devices on the market today.
If you have worn a MAD before then you should be familiar with the boil and bite technique. It can be a little difficult at first, but after a couple of tries it becomes an easy process that will give you a comfortable fit.
1. Bring a pan filled with water to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and pour the water into a coffee cup or a small bowl. Let it cool for about a minute.
3. Place your mouth piece completely under the water for about 2 minutes. This will soften the silicone.
4. Using a utensil pick the mouth piece out of the water.
5. Insert the device into your mouth and bite down with your lower jaw slightly adjusted forward. Hold this position for a moment to allow the mouth piece to harden around your mouth.
6. Remove it from your mouth and place it in some ice water to cool down and give it a faster hardening process.
7. Take out the air hole retainer and check the fit in your mouth. When your mouth is closed, your jaw should be held forward. If it is uncomfortable than start the process over until it feels just right.
My Own Experience
I have tried numerous mouth pieces to stop my own snoring. Usually testing them for at least 2 weeks to get a full understanding of them. When mine was received in the mail, I quickly did my boil and bite technique so that I could have it ready by the time I went to bed.
When it was time for me to go to sleep, I put the device into my mouth and lied down in bed. I immediately noticed how easy it was for me to breath. The two air ports really do make a huge difference! I fell right to sleep with no problems, and I did notice some drooling but that is expected with a new device.
When I woke up in the morning I felt re-energized, having a terrific night of sleep. My wife shared these feelings as she was able to actually read her book before bed, I usually was too loud for her to do so.
I am happy to say, that I am still using my SleepPro Standard to this day. The benefits were overwhelming, and made it hard for me to really branch out and try anything else. I would be doing you a disservice if I didn’t recommend this MAD, and would suggest it for even the most severe snoring.
*This is not a paid post, this is from my own review, as I suffer from snoring.